Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Avatar ... not approved by Vatican? Dang!


Now I saw Avatar on 3D on Christmas Day. I personally thought that the movie was okay. Yes, it has awesome special effects. Yes, the movie actually had a story line. However, there were a few "crazy" points in the story for me.
IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN AVATAR PLEASE STOP READING BECAUSE I AM ABOUT TO RUIN THE MOVIE FOR YOU.
Now it's possible for their to be aliens on another planet. I can accept that. Now it's possible for the aliens to care about their planet (almost like a religion). I can accept that. Now it's totally possible for this planet to contain assets of some sort that us humans find valuable. I can accept that. Human can go and try to take what they want. I can accept that. But what I can't accept is for the a human to just become a alien through praying to "nature". You can't just chose species!
Now I personally do believe the moral of the story of not letting greed destroy mother nature a great lesson that we need to learn here on earth.
Well apparently I am not the only one with problems with James Cameron's blockbuster movie. Some have called this movie racist. You know, the white man saves the day. The Vatican doesn't like it cause it's about nature worship.
Anyone have any thoughts? Dang peoples ... it's just a movie. Don't get too offended.
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment