Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Oh young people


Oh my goodness! A juror gets replaced for making a post on Facebook regarding the trial she was on. The juror posts "gonna be fun to tell the defendant they're guilty".

The defense lawyer's son was the one who caught her "talking" about the trial on Facebook. He discovered the post while checking jurors' names on the internet. It's beyond smart for his mom to have her son working in her office.

This reminds me of my dad asking why anyone would want a Facebook or Twitter account. My dad has decided that Facebook and Twitter give a person no privacy. Direct quote from my father, "why would I want people to know where I am and what I am doing at all times?". Oh father how right you are. For the super "Facebooker" or "Tweeter" every detail of their lives is posted on the internet for all their "friends" to see. So when one posts, "Off to our honeymoon" everyone knows that your house is packed with goodies and you will be gone for a week. That's like gold to a thief.

Friends, beware of what you post on your Facebook and Twiiter accounts. You just never know who is reading!

XOXO

FYI, I wonder if the juror will do any jail time.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100830/ap_on_re_us/us_facebook_juror

No comments:

Post a Comment