Blueberries were on sale. So of course I had to get some because they are Baby Girl's favorite snack. So ... of course after I bought them she refused to eat them. Of course. Motherhood is awesome. Kids are awesome.
So with all my blueberries I decided to make blueberry pancakes.
I thought about what to make with the blueberries for a long time at work. Because I was for sure not going to waste them just because Baby Girl is on a blueberry strike. Also, because I refuse to throw food away unless it has mold on it.
These blueberry pancakes came out amazing. We had breakfast for dinner. Don't worry. Baby Girl refused to eat the blueberry pancakes and continued her blueberry strike. Oh well. El Husbee and I enjoyed these pancakes. My favorite part might be the maple syrup in these pancakes. Gives the pancakes good punch. You can even eat them without syrup with just butter.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1 and 1/4 cups whole milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 and 3/4 cups fresh blueberries
- In a large bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon together until combined. Set aside
- In another large bowl, whisk the yogurt, milk, maple syrup, eggs and vanilla until combined. Whisk in the vegetable oil.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and whisk to combine. The batter is thick and lumps are okay. Fold in blueberries gently.
- Heat pan over medium heat. Coat with non stick spray. Once hot, drop 1/4 cup of batter on the griddle. Cook until edges look dry and center is bubbly. Flip and cook on the other side.
- Keep pancakes warm in a preheated 200F degree oven until all pancakes are cooked. Serve pancakes immediately with toppings of choice.
I think I might try whole wheat flour next time. But this batter is super yummy and easy to whip up. And honestly not that much more time than the box version. But so much more tastier than the box version.
Keep cooking and baking friends!