I brought these peanut butter cup surprise cookies to a new years eve party and they were a hit.
This cookie is full of yummy goodness. If you like peanut butter cups this is the cookies for you. Not only is there is peanut butter cup inside but the cookie itself is a peanut butter oatmeal cookie.
Peanut Butter Cup Surprise Monster Cookies
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg, large
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups quick oats
- 1 and 1/4 cup mini M&Ms
- Reese's miniature peanut butter cups
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside
- Mix flour, salt and baking soda together in large bowl. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the melted butter and brown sugar together until no brown sugar lumps remain. Whisk in the egg, peanut butter, vanilla extract until combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix together with a rubber spatula. The dough will be very soft. Fold in the oats and the M&Ms. Allow the cookie dough to sit for 15 minutes.
- Separate the cookie dough into 1.5 tablespoon balls. Place a peanut butter cup between 2 cookie dough balls. Cover the peanut butter cup with the cookie dough. Repeat with the rest of the dough and peanut butter cups.
- Bake the cookies for 12-13 minutes. Allow to cool on the cookie sheet for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Keep Cooking Friends!