Wednesday, September 14, 2011
What's better to greet out of town guest than cookies? Nothing! Okay okay there are probably other items but that is what I made for my family visiting from LA over Labor Day weekend. I love when I arrive at my grandparent's house with cookies and in unison everyone says "cookies!". The younger ones dig in and the older ones complain that it's too sweet and not healthy. An hour later the plate of cookies I came with is empty. Oh family!
M&M Walnut Chocolate Chip Cookies
Adapted from Life Tastes Like Food
1 cup + 2 tablespoons flour
1 cup wheat flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 sticks butter, melted and cooled (12 tablespoons)
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg + 1 egg yolk, at room temperature
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup M&Ms
1/2 cup walnut, chopped
1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 325F
2. In a bowl, mix the flour, baking soda and salt together.
3. Combine butter and sugars. Then add egg, egg yolk, vanilla and mix.
4. Slowly add the dry mixture to the bowl until dough forms.
5. Fold in M&Ms, walnuts, and chocolate chips.
6. Stick the dough in the fridge for about 10 minutes.
7. Use a 1 tablespoon cookie scooper and scoop 2 scoops on top of each other for each cookie. Leave about 2 inches of space between each cookie. Bake for about 12 minutes.
These cookies came out super yummy. I will definitely make them again. It's got a good chewy texture which is very important for me. Oh and they have got to be healthy cause they contain walnuts! Right?!?