I have been trying to eat right because I put on quite a few extra pounds over the winter. This means keeping the house stocked with green bananas. Green bananas are a healthy snack and also great before a workout. However, brown or ripe bananas are full of sugar and not so great when on a diet.
So what do you do with ripe bananas? YOU MAKE BANANA BREAD! Okay no banana bread because it takes too long to bake. What does that mean? MAKE MUFFINS!
Banana Coconut Chocolate Chip Muffins
3 large very ripe bananas
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup shredded coconut, plus extra for sprinkling
1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Spray muffin pan with vegetable oil
2. Mix bananas, sugar, and brown sugar in a bowl until smooth.
3. Add eggs one at a time.
4. Mix in vegetable oil until well combined.
5. Whisk cinnamon, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a separate bowl.
6. Mix in dry ingredients with banana mixture. Do not over mix.
7. Add coconut and chocolate chips by hand.
8. Use a ice cream scooper to scoop batter into greased muffin pans.
9. Sprinkle additional coconut on top
10. Bake for about 21 minutes.
11. Remove from oven and cool on rack for about 10 minutes.
12. Remove muffins from pan and cool completely.
This muffin hit the spot. So satisfying I ate it as my dessert. This is a recipe that one should keep in their recipe box/binder. It's fast and easy to make.
Khloe the pup is patiently waiting for spring/summer. This week we have gone on 3 walks so far and that makes everyone happy.
Keeping cooking friends!