Thursday, December 17, 2009
1. Prime Rib - This cut of meat is one of the fattiest cuts of beef. Hence why it's so tasty. A cooked 6 ounce can have up to 720 calories! Some good alternatives are turkey, cornish game hens, ham, chicken, or fish. If your guests are serious beef eaters consider tenderloin also known as filet mignon.
2. Pecan Pie - This pie is made from butter, sugar, corn syrup, whole eggs, and chopped pecans. Or in other words sugar and fat in a dish. One slice of pecan pie can cost you around 575 calories and that's before whipped cream! If there is another choice choose pumpkin cause it contains fiber and lets be honest just as yummy during this time of the year.
3. Eggnog - This drink is made from whole milk, cream and egg yolks plus any other delightful items you might pour in it. A 8 ounce glass can cost you up to 340 calories. A great subsitutite is apple cider. Still gives you a kick and much less on the calorie content.
Imagine this, if you eat all 3 items at dinner it could cost you 1,635 calories! That's a lot of time at the gym.
Happy holidays and be kind to your waist line! Diets should never start on January 2nd.
Sunday, December 6, 2009
Tuesday, November 17, 2009
So Team Jacob and Team Edward water bottles. I don't even know what to say. Except ... I might be needing a new water bottle for the gym.
Will you buy their jewelry? The jewelry collection will be for a L.A. brand Virgin Saints and Angels. I love these girls but I am just not sure about the jewelry. Maybe I just need to see more.
So I am not a huge Laker fan. With that said I like Trevor Ariza. Trevor Ariza went to the Houston Rockets this season and Ron Artest went to the LA Lakers. Now this clips shows Ariza losing his shoe and Artest throwing it in the stands. Classy Ron, classy. Who does that?
Ron get some class.
Saturday, November 14, 2009
If you hurry Sephora is currently running a gift package for $28 dollars that includes a fulls size Sugar Lip treatment & a small sugar lotion with a gold clutch. Can we say Xmas gift?
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile
Wednesday, November 11, 2009
Now I can understand the student. Thinks teacher is hot. Not that it's correct but I see the point. But what does a 34 year old woman want with a 17 year old boy? Good grief! Is she such a loser that she can't date anyone her own age? Crazy!
Monday, November 9, 2009
Please remember this: You are NOT the exception you are the rule.
If you break up you will not get back together ... you are not the exception.
You can not change him ... you are not the exception
If he says he is not going to call ... he is not going to call ... you are not the exception.
I know you always hear about how "this girl" who changed her boyfriend or "this girl" that broke up with her boyfriend and he came crawling back. Those are exceptions and those do not happen to everyone. If you based your heart on a exception you are bound to get hurt.
Be smart girls like I know you can be.
Monday, November 2, 2009
Friday, October 30, 2009
::cringe:: Sorry ladies but I said it. Sometimes us women make relationship mistakes that cause us to be single.
Below are common mistakes that women make. PS. I did get some help from a article that I have provided the link.
1. Thinking you will never get over him. You will. Dwelling on what could have been is not healthy. Go out and live your life. You will get over him.
2. Spying. This can qualify as many things that women do. Checking your man text messages in a "no no". When I say checking text messages I do mean incoming messages and out going messages. Reading emails in a "no no". You should never read his messages and then ask what what they mean and who they are from for every female. Stalking out at places that you know he goes is a "no no". Going to his work is a "no no". Oh and last but not least driving by his house to see if he is home is a "no no". Don't be psycho ladies.
3. Thinking your man does and should be interested in everything you do, think, or say. Yes, you should have some common things. But there has got to be something that you like that he doesn't or that he likes that you don't. That's what makes things interesting.
Key note: please do not take up a hobby because you man likes it. For instant, if you have no interest in Country music but your new hubby loves Garth Brooks DO NOT all of a sudden own every Garth Brooks song on your ipod and rock out to it in your car. It is okay if you are genuinely interested in something that your hubby likes that you never knew about. But if you have always hated country music don't all of a sudden front like you love it. Be your own person ladies. You want a man who loves you for who you are ... not who you think he wants.
4. Displacing. If you are mad because he does not put the toilet seat down then tell him you are mad because he doesn't put the toilet seat down. However, don't change it into something about how he feels about you or your relationship.
5. Expecting too much. Relationships are not like the movies. Nothing is perfect. Think about the most perfect couple you know and I am willing to bet that they have relationship issues too. Love is not like a fairly tale your mother read to you about before bed or what Disney has told you. You have good days and bad and just how you handle them that makes everything okay.
6. Stagnating. You can't just sit there and wonder why you don't have a boyfriend. No one is going to come and find you. Get yourself out there!
7. Slacking. A lot of people like to say a relationship is when 2 people come 50-50 and compromise. I believe that a truly good relationship is when 2 people both come 100-100. Relationships are not easy and if anyone tells you they are then they are wrong. Every great couple will tell you that they work hard to make their relationship work. Sitting there and just listing all the reasons why your partner sucks gets nothing accomplished.
8. Isolating. Oh ladies so many of you do this. Yes, you have fallen in love ... and then you forget about everything else. Dropping your friends when you fall in love is not healthy. Friend help define who you are and are your rock when you are down.
Side note: Ladies every wonder how you go from being in the great "honeymoon" stage and then all of a sudden he doesn't want to hang out anymore? The he breaks up with you and you don't know why? It's because you are always around! He fell in love with you for a reason. But all of a sudden all you do is hang out with him. Remember you are combining two lives not ditching yours and joining his.
9. Fantasizing. Ladies, you life with not be complete when you find a man. No man can fix all your problems. You will some day find a man who will be your partner in life. But he will not magically fix everything wrong with your life.
10. Using the silent treatment. Men are not mind readers. As much as we would like to think they know what they did wrong ... they don't. Yes, men really are that dumb. Yes, they really don't know. No, most of them really aren't lying when they say they don't know what is wrong. Just tell him what's wrong.
11. Denying. Problems do not go away. If something is wrong just say so. If you let things fester soon every little thing wil get on your nerves. Pretending you do not have a problem is even worse. If you keep pretending soon others will notice that something is wrong. You don't want to be that couple.
12. Standing along. In a healthly relationship you lean on each other. Sometime you will be his rock and sometimes he will be yours. That is what is healthy. If he constantly saving you and you are never there for him then there will be a problem. Balance ladies. Superman is a myth and even he had bad days.
13. Over analyzing. Women think way too much (and men try not to think at all). Wondering why he text instead of calling. Wondering why he only called 2 twice today instead of 3 times. Wondering why he cancelled on getting ice cream when he loves ice cream. Wondering why he picked up on the 4th ring when he always picks up on the 2nd ring. Oh my gaaawd! Most men just do things. They really don't think so you really shouldn't either.
14. Trying to reinvent the relationship wheel. YOU are NOT the exception. YOU can NOT change him. If it seems too good to be true then it probably is. Never think "well maybe I am the exception" because you are not. If you think you might be you will probably be in for a heartache.
If you have not watch "He's just not into you" or read the book ... you should.
To my single ladies ... you guys will be fine. Take a deep breath. Find yourself and when you do you will also find the man who will be your partner in life because if you don't know who you are how will someone else.
PS. My credential is on my ring finger on my left hand.
Wednesday, October 28, 2009
Good luck with book sales Andre.
Tuesday, October 27, 2009
So this Visalia man broke into a Orange Cove home. However he left his cell phone at the homeher burglarized. People where able to find him because on his phone he took many pictures of himself. Oh and to top it off her agreed to meet deputies to get his cell phone back and that's when they arrested him. Loser!
Friday, October 23, 2009
Tuesday, October 20, 2009
Now you always watch the OnStar commerical and think "yeah yeah yeah". But how many people get to say "it really works"? Well some Visalia people do!
Apparently OnStar made the Visalia Police's job just way too easy. A carjacker decided to take a new Chevy Tahoe at gunpoint at a apartment after making the people give them their wallets. Minutes later because of OnStar Visalia Police was able to track down the carjacker. OnStar disabled the car so that the carjacker could not accelerate. The police ended up catching the carjacked on foot when he fell into a pool. They arrested him soaking wet.
OnStar 1 Carjacker 0
Last night at around midnight a ambulance driver noticed a fire at Burger King on Cedar and Herndon. The fire department was called at once. When the fire department came they noticed that the broiler in the kitchen was on fire. I guess the burgers really at flame broiled at Burger King.
Monday, October 19, 2009
Wednesday, September 16, 2009
Now with all that Kanye West and Taylor Swift gossip we forgot something extremely important. Beyonce and her rockin hot outfit for the VMAs. Not only did she rock her outfit her performance was amazing. Beyonce is fit for sure. Double kudos to Beyonce for showing major class for letting Taylor finish her speech.
So during a off the record interview President Obama called Kanye West a jackass for stealing Taylor Swift's spotlight. This happened before the official interview between CNBC's John Harwood and the President. The President is asked whether his daughters were annoyed by Kanye stealing Taylor's spotlight. The President says that it was inappropriate and that Taylor seems like a perfectly nice person. Then the President is asked why Kanye did it. The reply, "he's a jackass." Now this draws lots of laughter. Of course the President catches himself and says "come on guys. Give the President a break I've got a lot on my plate right now." However, a former White House correspondent Terry Moran decided it would be oh so clever and log onto his Twitter and tweet about it. Now the tweet was later deleted about an hour after but we all know how fast a tweet can go. (Rob Pattinson hasn't seen peace in a year)
Is Kanye a jackass? Yes
Did Taylor get her moment ruined? Yes
Should the President have the right to his own opinion? I think so.
Is Terry Moran is a jackass? Yesssssssss
Tuesday, September 15, 2009
It's always sad when someone passes away. In the last few years in feels like many great legends have passed away and it's very sad. Rest in peace Patrick.
Wednesday, September 9, 2009
1. Green leafy vegetables
Eat them raw, throw them into a broth, add them to juices. Their chlorophyll helps swab out environmental toxins (heavy metals, pesticides) and protects the liver.
You need to keep the fluids flowing to wash out the body and fresh lemonade is ideal. Its vitamin C, considered the detox vitamin, helps convert toxins into a water-soluble form that's easily flushed away.
Put a handful into salads, soups, and sandwiches. The peppery little green leaves have a diuretic effect that helps move things through your system. And cress is rich in minerals too.
Add it to everything -- salads, sauces, spreads. In addition to the bulb's cardio benefits, it activates liver enzymes that help filter out junk.
5. Green tea
This antioxidant-rich brew is one of the healthiest ways to get more fluids into your system. Bonus: It contains catechins, which speed up liver activity.
6. Broccoli sprouts
Get 'em at your health-food store. They pack 20 to 50 times more cancer-fighting, enzyme-stimulating activity into each bite than the grown-up vegetable.
7. Sesame seeds
They're credited with protecting liver cells from the damaging effects of alcohol and other chemicals. For a concentrated form, try tahini, the yummy sesame seed paste that's a staple of Asian cooking.
There are two main types of detoxifying enzymes in the liver; this potent veggie helps activate both of them. Coleslaw, anyone?
A plant that's rich in soluble fiber, like oat bran, but more versatile. It mops up toxins (cholesterol too) and helps clear them out. Stir powdered psyllium into juice to help cleanse your colon, or have psyllium-fortified Bran Buds for breakfast.
10. Fruits, fruits, fruits (easy on these if you're low carbing)
They're full of almost all the good things above: vitamin C, fiber, nutritious fluids, and all kinds of antioxidants. Besides, nothing tastes better than a ripe mango, fresh berries, or a perfect pear.
This list was from Fitness with Vanessa. It sounds easy and do-able but lets see.
I have worked out 7 time out of the last 9 days and 3 of those workouts were with a trainer. Vanessa is beyond awesome. Her workouts are intense but you feel like you have sweat a pound after each workout. Oh snap I have! So in the last 9 days I have lost 3 pounds. The goal is to keep those pounds off and lose more. I am learning that cardio is a huge keep to my success. Got to keep that heart rate up.
The other part is a clean diet. Now this part is super hard. I love to eat! I wish I was born a super picky eater like my friend Jamie (who I love). But I wasn't and food can be my enemy. Eatting at home seems to be a good way of controlling what I eat. Packing lunch is also a key. (oh and I am pretty sure packing leftover from a restuarant is a no bueno unless it's your cheat day) Snacks such as nuts can be depressing. But ... eye on the prize! On cheat days I am working on portion control. Last night at Jen's birthday dinner I only ate half my tappenyaki and save the rest (oh and I ate 2 portions of salad. Rianne wanted no salad so I ate hers). Lots of water. I have been told to eat lots of protein which is another one of my problems. Meat is not a fave for me. However, protein shakes are not so bad. Chocolate is pretty yummy. But I am only taking protein after a workout. I am still too scared to drink it any other time for fear of gaining weight. I have also learned that juice is bad. Vanessa and Kenny have also informed that orange juice is bad. Sad! Looks like H2O is the only way.
Thursday is the hair appointment. I wonder if it's too early for a makeover in that department yet.
I also want to get some organizing and decorating done. We have moved in over a year and I still feel like things are a mess. Sad. Where do women find the time to do everything?
Wish me luck!
Tuesday, September 8, 2009
Wednesday, September 2, 2009
In New Zealand a company fired a employee for send confrontational emails. The employee was formating in a variety of red, bold, and all caps text. Other employees complained and she got fired! However she did get the last laugh by suing the company and winning $17,000 in lost wages.
Do you think this was necessary?
Solid white albacore
Lean or extra lean ground beef (92-96%)
Protein bars (Pure Protein brand)
Salmon, cod, halibut, tilapia
Oatmeal (old fashioned only)
Sweet potatoes & yams
Brown riceBeans (kidney, black, pinto)
Whole grain & Ezekiel bread (all whole grains and sprouted grains – NOT enriched)
Green leaf lettuce
Granny Smith apples
All natural peanut butter (ANPB)
Condiments & Misc.
Lite butter spreads
Sugar free syrup
Lite vinaigrette salad dressings
Misc. fresh or frozen veggies that can be used whenever you want as an add-on to your menu:
*****Corn, carrots, red & yellow peppers and peas should be kept to a minimum*****
Any of the fibrous veggies listed above
Friday, August 21, 2009
This is the coolest bus. Of course it was seen in Japan. But this charter bus is soooo cute!
Of course to top things off the inside has to be Hello Kitty too! Another reason to visit Japan!
Thursday, August 13, 2009
Moral of the story ... don't waste your time chasing losers when you can be trying to find Mr. Right.
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile
Wednesday, August 12, 2009
If you don't like your life change it. Crying and complaining that God delt you a bad hand will get you no where. Find what you are good at and what makes you happy and do it. Don't be afraid of trying new things. People who put themselves out there are people who are living.
You can't go back and change things. But you can learn from your mistakes and do better.
Moral of the story: Be happy cause you only have one life to live.
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile
Tuesday, August 11, 2009
Sometimes you meet new people. Some new people well become part of your inner circle and some won't. The difference is knowing who is a true friend and who is a acquaintence. An acquaintence is someone who is only there for the good time. A true friend is always there when the situation is ugly.
Moral of the story ... know who your true friends are and treat them well. You will have many good times and times were you can hold each other up.
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile
Wednesday, July 29, 2009
and played a fantastic Victoria. I will miss her.
Friday, July 24, 2009
Wednesday, July 15, 2009
Monday, July 13, 2009
Friday, July 10, 2009