I am so excited that I have started baking again. Buying store bought baked goods just makes me sad. Especially when I know I can bake yummy treats for my family.
These muffins was my first time baking with cranberries. The muffins were super easy and the orange glaze is a must! Please do not skip the glaze.
Cranberry Orange Muffins
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 large eggs, room temperature
1/2 cup yogurt
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
zest of 2 oranges
1 and 3/4 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons orange juice
2 tablespoons whole milk
1 and 1/2 cups fresh cranberries
1 cup powder sugar
3 Tablespoons orange juice
1) Preheat oven to 425F degrees. Spray a 12 count muffin pan with nonstick spray. Set aside.
2) Using a mixer, beat the butter on high speed until smooth and creamy, about 1 minute. Add the granulated and brown sugars. Beat until creamed, about 2 minutes. Scrape down the sides so everything in incorporated. Add the eggs, yogurt and vanilla extract. Beat on until combined. Beat in the orange zest until combined.
3) In a large bowl, mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
4) Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and slowly mix with a rubber spatula. Add the orange juice and milk and mix until combined. Fold in cranberries.
5) Use a ice cream scooper and scoop batter into prepared muffin pan. Top the batter with an additional cranberry or two for looks, if desired. Bake for 5 minutes at 425F degrees, then keeping the muffins in the oven, lower the oven temperature to 350F degrees and bake for 18-20 more minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
6) While the muffins are cooling make the orange glaze. Whisk the glaze ingredients together. Drizzle over warm muffins. Allow to cool before eating. This will allow the glaze to harden on the muffin.
These muffins are so yummy. They are perfect for breakfast or dessert. Or a snack! Baby Girl however was not a fan. I think they were a little too tart for her.
Please make these this holiday season.
Keep baking friends!