Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Lemon Cupcakes

So a friend of mine has a lemon tree and gave me some lemons. What happens when you give a cupcake fanatic lemons? You get lemon cupcakes! I followed a really simple lemon cake recipe I found online. You know me, easy means good.

Now since I had real lemons you get zest!

The batter. Which was super easy to make.

My little lemon cupcakes look so cute naked. But lets be honest, who likes a naked cupcake?

Lemon cream cheese frosting! Super yummy! The recipe is super simple. Just a package of cream cheese, some lemon juice, lemon zest, and powered sugar.

I have come to the conclusion that real fruit and imitation makes a big difference. There is definitely more of a fresh taste to fresh fruit.

Mmmm ... the frosting was super yummy. I think next time I might add a package of vanilla pudding to the batter to make it more moist. But over all the lemon cupcakes were a hit with the husband and co-workers. Yay!
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment