I made these muffins while El Husbee was giving Baby Girl a bath. Super easy and fast. I just took out the eggs and yogurt before we went on our nightly walk. Then threw everything together when we got back.
Double Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (not dutch process)
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2 eggs, large room temperature
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup vanilla yogurt, room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 425F and spray a 12 count pan with non stick spray or line with cupcake liners. Set aside.
- Use a couple of paper towels to absorb some moisture from the zucchini. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, salt and chocolate chips together until combined.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs, vegetable oil, yogurt, sugar and vanilla extract until completely combine. Make sure the ingredients are room temperature so all the ingredients mix well.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix with a rubber spatula. Fold in the zucchini.
- Use a ice cream scoop to fill the muffin pan.
- Bake the muffins for 5 minutes at 425F. Keep the muffins in the oven and lower the temperature to 350F. and continue to bake for another 15 minutes.
I still have zucchini left so I think I might need to make another batch ... you know, for Baby Girl to take to PoPo's to share. Duh!
Keep baking friends!