Thursday, October 25, 2018

Teriyaki Chicken

Lately the struggle has been real trying to decide what to make for dinner.  Thank goodness for easy recipes like this that my family enjoys. 


 This is my go to teriyaki sauce recipe that I use.  It is super easy to make and my family seems to like it.  You can use it for teriyaki chicken or shrimp. 



I am thankful for easy recipes like these on a weekday. 

Teriyaki Sauce

Ingredients:
  • 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
  • 1 Tablespoon water
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 2 Tablespoons honey
  • 1/2 cup soy sauce
  • 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
  • 1 teaspoon minced garlic
Directions: 
  1. Wisk cornstarch and water together in a small bowl.  This is for thickening the sauce. 
  2. Combine the cornstarch mixture with brown sugar, honey, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, and garlic. 
  3. Pour sauce into a small saucepan over low heat.  Allow to simmer while whisking.  Bring to a boil then remove from heat. 
  4. Cook with your choice of protein. 
I like to sprinkle sesame seeds for garnish.  Service with rice and a vegetable and dinner is ready!

Keep cooking friends!
XOXO


No comments:

Post a Comment