Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Teriyaki Chicken

My kids love Asian food.  But to be honest, my Asian cooking skills are limited.  I am about measurements and if you have watched Asian cooking you know there is not a lot of measuring involved. 

This is my go to teriyaki sauce recipe.  It's super easy to make and stores well the fridge.  

Teriyaki Sauce

Ingredients:
  • 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
  • 1 Tablespoon water
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 2 Tablespoons honey
  • 1/2 cup soy sauce
  • 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
  • 1 teaspoon minced garlic
Directions: 
  1. Whisk cornstarch and water together in a small bowl.  This is for thickening the sauce. 
  2. Combine the cornstarch mixture with brown sugar, honey, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, and garlic. 
  3. Pour sauce into a small saucepan over low heat.  Allow to simmer while whisking.  Bring to a boil then remove from heat. 
  4. Cook with your choice of protein. 
I have started dusting my chicken with cornstarch before cooking.  If you have not tried it you need to.  A little cornstarch give the chicken a little crunch that is a hit with the kids.  

Keep cooking friends!
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment