Wednesday, February 23, 2011

First Slow Cooker Recipe!! Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches


Okay so a few people I know always brag about how they use a slow cooker to cook dinner and it's so amazing and so easy. Being a Asian woman I have only used my slow cooker to keep food warm. So here I go to try this out. I found a buffalo chicken recipe to try. Now I was convinced this would NOT work. I mean it just sounds too weird to me to not slave over a stove for dinner.

Ingredients:
4 skinless boneless chicken breast
1 bottle buffalo wing sauce
1 package dry ranch salad dressing mix
2 tablespoons butter

Place the chicken breasts into a slow cooker. Pour in 3/4 of the wing sauce and the ranch dressing mix. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.

Once the chicken has cooked add the butter and shred the meat with two forks. Pile the meat onto a roll and remaining buffalo wing sauce to serve. I also added diced tomatoes mixed with shredded lettuce and ranch.

So my husband take a bite. Makes a face. Then tells me "you need to take a bite". I take a bite and almost vomit in my mouth. This is gross. In the sense that it is too spicy (and I never say that) and just a lot of "blah". Then the husband says "if you had served this to me 11 years ago we never would have gotten married". Sad! Needless to say this recipe will never be used in my house again.

All you crazy slow cooker people ... SEND me your recipes!

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment