Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Valentine Cookies ... kinda late but better than never!


So I totally flaked out on making my husbee something special on Valentine's Day. To be fair, I did buy him a custom box of See's Candie so he really has nothing to complain about.

I was craving something sweet last night so I decided to make some cookies. Since I have all these Valentine's Day baking decorations I decided to put them to good use.

M&M Chocolate Chip Cookies

2 sticks butter (room temp)
3/4 cup sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
2 tablespoon vanilla
3 3/4 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
12 oz bag mini chocolate chips
1 bag M&Ms & sprinkles

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

In a stand beat the butter and sugars until well beaten. Beat in eggs one at a time and then add vanilla until well combined.

Mix flour, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.

Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Alternate dry ingredients and chocolate chips.

DO NOT MIX IN M&MS OR SPRINKLES IN WITH THE BATTER.

I used a whoopie pie pan to make my cookies. Using a ice cream scoop I scooped batter into the whoopie pie pan. Then press M&Ms and sprinkles onto the top of each cookie and bake.

I baked my cookies for 9 minutes each. I like soft cookies. I let them cool in the pan for about 5 minutes before removing them onto a cooling rack. This recipe made exactly 3 dozen cookies for me.

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment