This Mother's Day my family decided to do a late lunch. My awesome godfather cooked, my mom and grandparents prepared fruit, and I made some sweets. My family is easy. We love food. The only requirement is that it is good.
So since I was already bringing some muffins and bread from brunch to share (more on that later) El Hubby convinced me to make cookies. He really had to twist my arm on this one. With it being so hot lately it was hard to want to start up the oven.
But then I remembered that I had bags of Reese's mini peanut butter cups from the after Easter sale at Target. Oh you know I hit up the candy aisle after the holiday.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
Adapted from Mrs. Regueiro's Plate
16 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature (2 sticks)
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 (3.5) package instant chocolate pudding mix
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 3/4 cup wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 bags Reese mini peanut butter cups unwrapped
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper
2. Cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
3. Add pudding mix, eggs, and vanilla extract.
4. Whisk together the flours, baking soda, and salt.
5. Slowly add the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients until just incorporated. DO NOT OVER MIX!
6. Fold in the mini peanut butter cups
7. Using a cookies scooper, scoop 2 tablespoons cookie dough on prepared baking sheet.
8. Bake for about 10 minutes or until lightly brown. Remove and place on cooling rack.
These cookies were amazing. Just the right about of chocoate-EE-ness and oh the pieces of peanut butter cut is so yummy. I will for sure be making these again. These would be good sandwiching some ice cream. Oh the possibilities ca be endless.
The fur baby gave me lots of kisses for Mother's Day and that is all a fur mama could ask for. That and maybe some snuggle time which I got a lot of too.
The pup spent the morning hanging out with my in laws for Mother's Day brunch and then off we went to have a late lunch with my extended family. Khloe the pup had a very full day. By the end of the night she was ready for bed.
Cookies make everything better.