My mother in law loves nuts. I am pretty sure it is all nuts. Whenever we go to a restaurant she always asks for nuts in her salad. She also loves coconut. I am pretty sure whenever she goes to Cold Stone or any self serving ice cream place she always picks coconut as her topping.
So for Mother's Day I wanted to make a muffin that she would enjoy.
Banana Coconut Muffins topped with Walnuts
Adapted from Amandeleine
1 cup all purpose flour
1/4 cup wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup ripe bananas (about 2 bananas)
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted (1 stick)
2/3 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 375F. Line 12 muffin cups
2. Whisk together flour, baking powder and salt together.
3. Cream butter and sugar
4. Add banana until combined.
5. Add egg until combined.
6. Add vanilla extract and coconut
7. Mix in dry ingredients until just combined. Do not over mix!
8. Use a ice cream scooper to scoop batter into lined muffin cups.
9. Top each muffin with chopped walnuts
10. Bake until muffins are puffed and golden, about 23 minutes.
These muffins where nice and moist and full of banana flavor. The in laws took quite a few home for morning coffee for the rest of the week. Now we all know I am not a fan of coconut or nuts so I was more than happy to pack these little lovelies in a take out box.
This is Khloe the pup modeling her X-men shirt. The pup does a natural look back. Born model.
Bake on friends!