I love when a recipe turns out well and you end up making it again ... and again! Successful recipes are always something to celebrate about.
This crab and brie stuffed mushrooms is one of those recipes. I hate ordering stuffed mushrooms at restaurants because they usually don't give you enough ... especially when you have more than 2 people. So making this recipe at home is fantastic. You can stuff as many mushrooms as you can with the filling and put as much filling as you want. Costco here we come!
Crab & Brie Stuffed Mushrooms
Adapted from Pink Parsley
3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup minced onion
1/4 cup cream cheese
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1 cup brie, cubed rind removed
1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
1 cup lump crab meat
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Remove the stems from mushrooms, chop them finely, and set aside
3. In a medium bowl, toss the mushroom caps with 2 tablespoons of olive
oil, then salt and pepper. Arrange in a single layer on a lightly
greased baking sheet, open side up. Set bowl aside to use for the
4. In a medium skillet, heat the remaining tablespoon of olive oil over
medium heat. Saute the onions and reserved mushroom stems until
softened (about 3-4 minutes). Remove from heat, stir in the cream
cheese and transfer the mixture to the bowl.
5. Mix in the parmesan cheese, brie, and panko bread crumbs.
6. Lightly fold in the crab meat.
7. Season with salt and pepper to taste
8. Spoon the filling into the mushroom caps. Bake for about 15-20
minutes or until the mushrooms are browned and the filling is hot and
My family gobbled this appetizer up at Thanksgiving. I ended up making a huge tray of these and they were gone ... FAST! Make these. You will not regret it!
Keep the holiday spirit alive!