The Homemade cookies are the best. They beat store bought cookies every time. There is just something about a warm fresh right out of the oven cookie. Totally better than some hard crunchy from a bag cookie.
Many people think that making cookie dough is hard. It really is not. Many of us even have the ingredients in our cupboard or pantry to make them. The key is room temperature ingredients.
M&M Chocolate Chip Cookies
2 sticks butter (room temp)
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 cup brown sugar (packed)
2 eggs (room temp)
3 3/4 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
12 oz bag mini chocolate chips
1 bag plain M&Ms
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a stand beat the butter and sugars until creamy.
3. Beat in eggs one at a time until well incorporated
4. Mix flour, baking soda, and salt in a separate bowl and whisk
5. Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients.
6. Mix in chocolate chips and M&Ms. DO NO OVER MIX
7. Scoop 2 tablespoons of batter for each cookie and bake for 9 minutes. Let the cookies cool in the pan for about 5 minutes before removing them to a rack.
I put this cookie dough into a Tupperware container and just scooped some dough out every night and made cookies. Super easy and a great dessert. A bonus is that your house will smell yummy too.
Keep cooking friends!