So I decided I needed to do something about these bananas. The now over ripe ones ... the ones that my mom keeps bringing over ... the ones just sitting on my table ... the ones that Baby Girl can now reach.
I am working on not making muffins with the KitchenAid. I am starting to feel like this is the way to go to not over mix muffin batters. The muffin making process is not that much slower with hand mixing. But the muffins are so much more tender.
Peanut Butter Apple Banana Mini Muffins
- 1 egg, large room temperature
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1/4 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 large or 3 small bananas)
- 1 cup grated apples ( about 2 small or 1 large)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray mini muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, add egg, brown sugar, oil, sugar, yogurt, peanut butter, and vanilla. Wisk until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, mix the dry ingredients.
- Slowly add the dry mixture into the wet mixture with a rubber spatula. Be careful to not over mix.
- Add the bananas and apples. I grated the apples with the peal on.
- Fill the mini muffin tin. Bake for about 10 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack. Enjoy!
Keep baking my friends!