I have not baked cookies in a long time. My poor family has been eating store bought cookies. So I finally decided to stop being lazy and bake some cookies. Because Baby Girl can't grow up eating store bought cookies!!
White Chocolate Chip Cranberry Walnut Cookies
2 and 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 and 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
3/4 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg + egg yolk, at room temperature
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
1) Whisk flour, baking soda, cornstarch, and salt together in a large bowl. Set aside.
2) In another bowl, whisk the melted butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar together until no lumps remain. Whisk in the egg and the egg yolk until completely combined. Wisk in the vanilla extra.
3) Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix together with a rubber spatula. The dough will be very soft. Fold in the white chocolate chips, cranberries and walnuts. Cover the dough and chill in the refrigerator for 3 hours or up to 2-3 days. Chilling is mandatory. Overnight is best.
4) Take the cookie dough out of the refrigerator and allow to slightly soften at room temperature for 10 minutes or so.
5) Preheat oven to 325F and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
6) Roll the dough into balls that are about 3 tablespoons each. Bake the cookies for 11-12 minutes. The cookies will look very soft and under baked. They will continue to bake on the cookie sheet. Allow to cool completely.
I rolled the dough into balls and froze them. This way my family could have fresh baked cookies whenever. Just add a extra minute when baking.
El Husbee and Baby Girl loved the cookies. The cookies require a extra day of waiting but it is totally worth it.
Keep baking my friends!!