Monday, December 20, 2010

Bacon & Egg Toast Cups


So my dear friend Leslie sent me the most amazing recipe Friday night and of course I had to try it Saturday morning.

Ingredients:
Bacon
slice bread
cheese
eggs
salt & pepper

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 Degrees F. Spray muffin pan with Pam and set aside.

Bake 12 slices of bacon for 10 minutes on a cookie sheet. Don't over cook bacon because they will be cooked in the oven again later. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate and dab out as much oil as possible (or if your waistline can afford the extra weight leave the oil).

Cut circles out of sliced bread to fit the bottom of muffin pan.

Wrap a slice of bacon around a bread round and place in muffin pan. It should look like a cup. Repeat. Sprinkle a small amount of shredded cheese in the center of each piece of bread. Crack one egg over each piece of bread. Be careful not to break egg yolk. You may not want to use all the egg white. This can be saved to make some scrabble egg (which I feed to my dog. Oops I am that dog owner).

Bake until eggs are cooked through to your liking. I baked mine for about 15 minutes. The bacon egg cups should pop right out of the muffin pan. If not, use a knife around the edges.

I apologize for the bad picture. These bacon cups were just too yummy and where almost eaten before I realized a picture had not been taken. The husband loved them so much that he requested they be made for Christmas brunch.

Enjoy!

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment