Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Raisin Cookies

I have been cleaning my pantry and realize that I have some raisins and a overstock of mini chocolate chips. So of course the first thing I think of is cookies!



2 sticks butter at room temperature
1 1/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
1 large egg
1/4 cup milk
2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
2 1/2 cups quick cooking oats
1/2 cup raisins

Preheat oven to 350F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.

Beat butter and brown sugar with an electric mixer until creamy. Add egg and milk and mix until combined.

In another bowl combine flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Mix dry ingredients with a whisk. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture. Stir in the oats, raisins, and mini chocolate chips.

I use a ice cream scooper to scoop out my batter onto the baking sheets. Space the batter about 1 inch apart.

Bake cookies for about 11 minutes. Let them cool for 2 minutes on the baking sheet and then transfer them to wire racks to cool completely.

I used a small ice cream scooper so my cookies came out bite size. Perfect for snacking.

I really enjoyed these cookies and I normally am not a fan of oatmeal raisin cookies. I am sure the chocolate chips helped.

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment