Thursday, August 25, 2011

Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies


I have fantastic news!  The husband got a new job!  Whoot whoot!  This is very exciting for my little family.  Me and the pup are very proud of El Hubby.  Due to all the excitement some blogging and baking has been put to the side.  But have no fear I am back!

I have been dying to try a oatmeal cookie recipe that doesn't taste like a oatmeal cookie.  This may sound strange but why can't a cookie have oats and still be chewy, moist, soft, and creamily yummy?  Oh this recipe delivered!

Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip
Adapted from Kristine's Kitchen

Ingredients:
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup wheat flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature (1 stick)
1/2 cup cream peanut butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 egg
1/2 cup rolled oats
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips

Directions:
1.  Whisk together the flours, baking soda, and salt.  Set aside.
2.  Cream together the butter, peanut butter, sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla extract; about 3 minutes.  Add the egg and beat to combine.  Gradually add the flour mixture until just combined.  Do not over mix!  Stir in the oats and then the chocolate chips.
3.  Refrigerate the dough for at least 2 hours. 
4.  Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  Line baking sheets with parchment paper or foil.  (I prefer parchment paper)
5.  Use a 1 tablespoon scooper and scoop 2 scoops of dough on top of each other for each cookie.  Place cookie dough about 2 inches apart.  Bake for about 10 minutes or until the cookies are a golden brown.  Cool completely on the baking sheet and then store in a airtight container at room temperature.

I love the way my house smells after baking cookies with peanut butter.  Can they make a candle or air freshener that smells like that?  You know what I mean.  Oh well.  I guess I will just have to bake more often to have my house smell like pure yumminess. 

These cookies came out delicious and I can't wait to share them with my friends and family.  This recipe will get filed in my cookie section of my cooking binder.  Even the pup approves cause she gets to eat the left over peanut butter from the spoon I used to scoop it out.  

Enjoy!
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment