Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Rocky Road Cookies

So Kraft came out with these marshmallows called Mallow Bits.  In short, they are basically the marshmallows that are dehydrated in hot coco mixes.  Or that least that's how I would describe them.  They are sold in a bottle kinda like ice cream toppings.  I found mine at Target.  They were just randomly on a end cap.  I saw vanilla and peppermint.  I got the vanilla one cause peppermint sounded too Christmas-y.

So what do I think of when I think of marshmallows?!?  Rocky road ice cream!  Okay whatever.  Don't ask me why but that's what I thought of when I saw these marshmallows.  So I decided to take a stab at making some rocky road cookies. 
Rocky Road Cookies

Ingredients:
2 cups all purpose flour
1 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
4 ounces hot chocolate mix (not sugar free)
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup sugar
2/3 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
3/4 cup sliced almonds
1 cup super mini marshmallows (Jet-Puffed Mallow Bits)
1 cup mini semi sweet chocolate chips

Directions:
1. Whisk flour, cocoa mix, salt, and baking soda together
2. Cream the butter, sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy (about 3 minutes)
3. add eggs 1 at a time.
4. Add vanilla
5. Add dry ingredients to the wet mixture until combined. DO NOT OVER MIX
6. Fold in the almonds, marshmallow bits and semi chocolate chips
7. Chill dough for about 1 hour (very important)
8. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
9. Use a cookie dough scooper and drop about 2 inches apart on baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
10. Bake them 1 sheet at a time for about 9 minutes. Let cool on the sheet for a few minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack to cool completely.

I love that these cookies came out so moist and chewy.  However, next time I do think I will use regular size chocolate chips in stead of the mini ones.  Maybe even switch out the semi sweet to milk chocolate.  The husband made a comment that the cookies were not chocolaty enough.  Man he is a cookie snob now. 
I feel like I am constantly washing the TV blankets.  Now I know why.  Apparently the pup snuggles in them.  How can one get mad at this cute little fur ball?
 With the weather being so chilly lately I can't even blame the pup for snuggling in some blankets.  Her face when she wakes up cause her mean momma flashes a camera at her. I love this dog.

Keep on baking!
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment