Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Banana Bread with Cinnamon Crumble Topping

Happy New Year!  Man does time fly.  I mean, who would have thought that it would be 2012 already.  I could have sworn that we were just worrying about Y2K.  You know.  When everyone bought in bulk cause the computers were all going to malfunction and goodness how were we going to ever purchase products without computers?!?  Or the world would just end so better do everything like spend all your money cause ... THE WORLD IS ENDING IN 2000.  Man does that seem silly now.

I am starting the new year with a banana bread recipe.  I know I know.  Banana bread is all what seems to be on my blog lately.  But it's a new year and I promise the next recipe will not be a banana bread recipe.  Maybe.  Muahahahaha.

Banana Bread
Adapted from Completely Delicious

Ingredients:
3/4 cup all purpose flour
3/4 cup wheat flour
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
2 eggs
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup milk
1 cup mashed bananas (about 2 bananas)

For the topping:
2 tablespoons sugar
2 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoons cinnamon

Directions:
1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2.  Combine banana, honey, milk, butter and eggs.
3.   In a separate bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
4.  Add dry mixture to wet mixture and stir until just combined.
5.  Pour mixture into greased mini loaf pan.
6.  Sprinkle topping evenly on to top of batter.
7.  Bake for about 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.  Let cool in pan for about 10 minutes.  Cool completely on wire rack. 

This was super yummy.  I do think next time I will put more topping on the bread cause a lot of it disappeared. What a yummy way to start the new year.
The holidays were a whirlwind in my house.  Time flew by.  I blame being sick.  The pup was a reindeer this Christmas.  She loved it.  Don't let that face fool you cause her tail was wagging like crazy.  I know.  My crazy pup likes to dress up.
And of course the pup got lots of gifts.  I am pretty sure she got more gifts than I did this year.  She is very spoiled.  But spoiled just right!
The pup also started 2012 by graduating from Intermediate Training.  I am such a proud doggy mom.  My cray cray pup has come a long way.  She's still crazy, but tamable now.  

Keep on baking and cooking!
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment