Monday, January 23, 2012

Banana Bread

Why is banana bread so good with coffee?  Something about a nice slice of banana bread with a cup of rich dark coffee makes a day right.

Yep that's right!  I made banana bread again!  This time I loaded it up with goodies. 

I made this banana bread for the Tzu Chi Math Tutoring students and teachers for a snack.  The program started in 2010 and now has a small following of students.  More students should really take advantage of the program.  The teachers are great!  I hope everyone enjoyed the treat!

Banana Bread
Adapted from Buttered Up

Ingredients:
3 medium sized bananas, overly ripe
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup white sugar
1 large egg, beaten
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
1/2 cup coconut

Directions:
1.  Preheat oven to 350F.  Grease 6 mini loaf pan.
2.  Mash bananas
3.  Add all ingredients but the additions.  Mix well until all the flour is gone.
4.  Stir in the additions until just combined.
5.  Pour into mini loaf pan and even out the top with a spatula.
6.  Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.  If top of bread begins to brown, tent the top with foil and continue baking.
7.  Cool in pan for 30 minutes.  Let bread cook on cooling rack for about 20 minutes or until firm before cutting.

This banana bread is very rich in flavor.  2 slices from a mini loaf is more than enough for me and my coffee break. There is nothing I would change about this recipe. 

I do have to say that I love my mini loaf pan.  It allows me to bake and share.  Love it!  Everyone should own one!

This is Khloe the pup and her dad when I get home from work.  I now know why she thinks she is a baby.  Her doggy dad treats her like a baby and coddles her.  Aw how can you not love these two?!?

Keep on baking!
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment