Monday, March 12, 2012

Bacon Cheese Beer Bread

Ever since my friend Leslie introduced me to beer bread I have been in love.  There is just something about it that makes you want to keep eating.  Oh and beer bread is always so simple to make.


This bread is savory and great with chili, soup or pasta.  I served this bacon cheese beer bread with meatloaf and it was a big hit with El Hubby.


Bacon Cheese Beer Bread
Adapted from:  The Slow Roasted Italian

Ingredients:
3 cups all purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoon granulated sugar
1 1/4 cup shredded cheese
1 12 ounce bottle of beer
4 slices of bacon, cooked and chopped
2 tablespoons butter, melted

Directions:
1.  Preheat oven to 350F.  Spray bread pan with cooking spray and set aside
2.  In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar with a whisk.  Make a well in the center.  Add bacon, about 3/4 of cheese and full beer into the well
3.  Stir mixture with a spoon until combined
4.  Pour mixture into prepared bread pan.  Drizzle with 1 tablespoon melted butter.  Bake for 30 minutes
5.  Remove from oven and drizzle remaining melted butter over the top
6.  Bake for an additional 25-30 minutes or until browned on top and loaf thumps when you tap the top
7.  Remove to a wire rack and allow to cool for about 5 minutes. 

This bread was super yummy.  The cheese I used was a mixture of colby and cheddar and the beer I used was MGD.  Nothing too fancy but the bread turned out well.  El Hubby and I enjoyed the bread with some meatloaf.  This bread was also very good by itself.  We toasted it for breakfast and it was just as yummy.


I am starting to feel that my fur baby is quite spoiled. 


Maybe even spoiled rotten sometimes. 


Lately she has started this thing where she wakes me up in the middle of the night to pet her.  The pup will jump on the bed and repeatedly stick her head under my hand until I wake up.  Then she turns on her back and wiggles until I start to pet her.  El Hubby says I have spoiled her rotten.  Sad!

Continue to eat good food and play with your fur babies.

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment