Friday, March 2, 2012

Peanut Butter Delight Pupcakes

My fur baby turned 2 years old yesterday.  I can't believe how fast time flies.  It's been almost 2 years since El Hubby and I adopted the pup from the shelter.  I cannot imagine life without her.  Especially those moments when she just comes over to me and snuggles all on her own.  Can  you tell the fur baby has me wrapped around her little paw?

So of course I spoiled her and took her to doggy day camp and to get groomed.    
She got new toys and her own pupcake.  Khloe's gammy would be proud of her new toys.  Her gammy always insist that the pup needs to be a vegetarian to live a long life (gammy says seafood is okay cause it's not meat cause it does not contain blood.  Gammy is a weird lady).  I think the lime is her favorite. 

Peanut Butter Delight Pupcakes
From Sweet Pea's Kitchen

Ingredients:
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 cup shredded carrots
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup honey
1 egg

Directions:
1.  Preheat oven to 350F.  Line muffin cups with liners.
2.  Whisk together flour and baking soda.
3.  Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
4.  Fill prepared muffin cups 3/4 full or use ice cream scooper.
5.  Bake for about 18-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. 

The pupcake was super easy to make.  Also it's kind of nice knowing what exactly is in the food I am giving her.  I spread some cream cheese on the pupcake and decorated it with a biscuit.  
The pup waited patiently as I took pictures before she could eat her pupcake.

Once the husband said the magical release word "okay" she tore into that pupcake.  Not lady like at all.  The pup is eating so fast that I can't even get the camera to focus. 


Of course I had to make treats for the humans in her life.  Cupcakes for the humans.  These were nothing fancy.  Just a box devils food cupcake mix (yeesh sorry yes box cake), cream cheese frosting and a Scooby snack as decoration. 
I hope my fur baby had a good birthday.  She sure was tired by the end of the night.


Keep baking friends and remember to show your loved ones that you love them everyday. 
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment