For the first session I wanted to be extra careful since I did not know if any kids had allergies yet. So what do I make?!? Rice crispy treats! Now I didn't know that there were people who didn't know how to make homemade rice crispy treats. But I got asked for the recipe so I figured I would share on the blog.
Rice crispy treats really are super simple. Any kinds of sprinkles or candies can be added. If you want to get adventurous you can use other cereals instead of rice cereal too.
Rice Crispy Treats
1 box rice crispy cereal (12 oz box)
1 bag mini marshmallow
1/4 cup butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup M&Ms
- Microwave butter in a large bowl.
- Add mini marshmallows into bowl with the melted butter. Microwave in 30 second intervals until melted. Stir after each interval.
- Add vanilla extract to the marshmallow mixture for extra flavor.
- Spray a very large bowl with cooking spray and fill with cereal. Add the marshmallow mixture to the cereal and mix.
- Add any sprinkles or candy.
- Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with cooking spray. Press rice crispy cereal mixture into pan. Let set for about 10 minutes.
- Slice and enjoy!
Khloe the pup really only has two speeds. Excited and lazy. She is very good at both.
Keep on cooking!