Banana bread is one of those recipes that are very versatile. You can add all sorts of things to banana bread.
Toffee is so good in banana bread. It gives banana bread a nice rich flavor. The right amount will make you think of bananas foster.
Toffee is also a good change to chocolate chips. Not that chocolate chips are bad but if you are thinking of switching things up then toffee is the way to go.
1 stick butter, soften
1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
2 overripe bananas
4 tablespoons sour cream
3/4 cups all purpose flour
3/4 cups whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup toffee pieces
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a mini loaf pan (4 mini loaves)
2. Beat butter and sugar until creamy. Should be a nice cream color.
3. Beat in eggs one at a time.
4. Add the rest of the ingredients until just combined. Do not over mix!
5. Mix in toffee pieces.
6. Pour mixture into prepared mini loaf pan. Bake for about 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
This bread is moist and sweet. Perfect with a cup of coffee or milk. AND it smells amazing! I really love cooking and baking my own food. There is something about choosing your own ingredients and knowing what you are feeding your family that makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.
Keeping cooking friends!