Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Blueberry Banana Bread

I love living in a town with fresh produce.  I recently scored some fresh blueberries and wanted to make something yummy with it.  


I decided to try blueberries with banana.  Why not?  I make banana bread all the time.  Why not add some blueberries.


This bread came out super tasty.  The blueberries added a really nice flavor and it was a nice change to the traditional banana bread.


I love making mini loaves.  It allows me to get my bake on, try some creation, and then share with the ones I love.  What could be better?

Blueberry Banana Bread

Ingredients:
4 very ripe bananas
1/3 cup melted butter
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking soda
pinch of salt
1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 cup fresh blueberries

Directions:
1)  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Spray a mini loaf pan with cookies spray.
2)  Mash bananas with a fork.
3)  In a mixer, mix butter and mashed bananas
4)  Mix in the sugars, egg, and vanilla extract.
5)  Mix in the baking soda and salt
6)  Add the flour and mix to combine.
7)  Fold in the blueberries by hand.
8)  Pour mixture into pan and bake for about 23-25 minutes.
9)  Cool completely before removing from pan.

This bread is super easy to make and only uses one bowl.  I think it's pretty fool proof.  The hardest part is finding enough ripe bananas since it does call for 4.  

Eat local produce!

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment