My favorite snack are chips. I love all chips. Not all chips are equal. But I would prefer a bad chip over some other salty snack. My husband on the other hand loves sweets. He has a major sweet tooth. I have spoiled him with homemade baked treats since we have been married. Today's recipe that I am sharing is for him.
These chocolate cookies are for chocolate lovers. There is fudge chocolate pudding in them, semi sweet chocolate chip cookies AND mini M&Ms. If you don't love chocolate there are not for you. Also, if you don't love chocolate there is something wrong with you.
Chocolate Chocolate Chip M&M Cookies
16 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature (2 sticks)
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 (3.5) package instant fudge chocolate pudding mix
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/4 cup wheat flour
1 cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup mini semi sweet chocolate chips
1 cup mini M&Ms
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper
2. Cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
3. Add pudding mix, eggs, and vanilla extract.
4. Whisk together the flours, baking soda, and salt.
5. Slowly add the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients until just incorporated. DO NOT OVER MIX!
6. Fold in the chocolate chips and M&Ms.
7. Using a cookies scooper, scoop 2 tablespoons cookie dough on prepared baking sheet spaced 2 inches apart.
8. Bake for about 10 minutes or until lightly brown. Remove and place on cooling rack.
When baking cookies I highly recommend parchment paper over foil. Obviously if you do not have parchment paper use foil. But if you use foil please keep a eye on your cookies as they can easily burn or stick to the foil. I love parchment paper. It makes clean up easy and it keeps cookies from burning. Today I ran out of parchment paper and lined ONE sheet with foil. The results were a few burned cookies on the foil sheet. Bah! You win some you lose some.
Eat well friends!