Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Mini Jam Bundt Cakes

Our friends gift us a box of jam and spreads and I have wanted to do something with them but couldn't decide.  


I finally decided to adding some to cake.  


This batter seriously smells so good.  There is something about creaming butter.  So yummy!


I have also had this bundt pan sitting around not being used.  So I thought why not.  


I can't decide if I like that the bundt cakes have 3 different designs or not.  


I have really liked glaze recently.  Maybe I am getting old.  Or maybe I am just lazy.  But sometimes glaze just gives dessert just enough sweetness without overpowering it.  

Mini Jam Bundt Cake

Ingredients:
  • 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup butter, unsalted room temperature
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 4 large eggs, room temperature
  • 1/2 cup sour cream, room temperature
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 tablespoons raspberry peach champagne jam
  • 1 cup powder sugar
  • 2-3 tablespoons whole milk
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350F and grease a mini bundt cake pan.  
  2. Whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt together in a large bowl.  
  3. In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle, beat the butter and sugar together until creamy, about 2 minutes.  With the mixer on low speed, add the eggs one at a time.  Then add the sour cream, vanilla extract and jam.  Beat on medium speed until well combined.  Make sure to scrape down the sides.  Slowly add the dry ingredients and beat until you don't see anymore dry spots.  Do not over mix.  Batter will be thick and creamy.  
  4. Fill batter into pan until 2/3 full.  I used an ice cream scoop.  
  5. Bake for about 20 minutes or until the cakes are lightly golden.  You can also test with a toothpick.  Remove the pan from the oven and allow to cool for about 5 minutes.  Carefully invert the pan on a wire rack.  Allow bundt cakes to cool completely before icing.  
  6. Whisk the powder sugar and 2 tablespoons of whole milk.  Add another tablespoon of whole milk to thin out if necessary.  Dip cooled cakes into icing. 
If you know my kid you know she loves sprinkles ... of all kinds.  So of course she dashed some sprinkles after I glazed the mini bundt cakes.  I am going to have to admit you can't really taste the jam.  Maybe I need to put more.  But the cake was moist and very good.  I would totally still make this.  Maybe with a more flavorful jam.  

Keep cooking Friends!
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment