Thursday, July 23, 2020

Turkey Meatballs

My kids love pasta.  If you were to ask my oldest what she wants for dinner she would most likely says pasta.  Well she would say "jiaozi" but I don't know how to make that so pasta it is.  Meatballs are super easy to make especially if you use a cookie dough scooper. 
 



That is my trick.  A cookie dough scooper.  This way each meatball is just about the same size. 



This recipe is super easy and you can substitute some of the ingredients around with whatever you have at home.  I did have milk today so I used Greek yogurt.  I didn't have shredded parmesan cheese so I used the shake kind (the kind that goes on top of pizza).  No complaints from my family so must mean it was just fine. 



I went super easy and just used a jar of marinara sauce. 



This is one of my super fast go to dinners.  If the meatballs are made ahead of time dinner can be made even faster. 

Turkey Meatballs

Ingredients:
  • 1lb ground turkey
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 cloves minced garlic
  • 2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
  • 1 teaspoon oregano
  • 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
  • 1/2 cup whole milk
  • 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
  • 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350F
  2. In a large bowl, combine ground turkey, salt, garlic, Italian seasoning, oregano, Worcestershire sauce and mix well.  Add milk, Parmesan cheese, and Panko bread crumbs.  Mix until evenly blended. 
  3. Form 1-2 inch balls.  I use a cookie scoop.  
  4. Bake on a cookie sheet for 15 minutes
This recipe is super easy.  You can totally make this the same day or ahead of time.  These meatballs freeze well too.  Leftovers can be used for meatball sandwiches.  

Keep cooking Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment