Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Mini Corn Dog

 During Baby Girl's first school fundraiser a piggie mold caught my eye.  Grand visions of corn dogs entered my mind.  


I mean look at this mold.  Isn't it super cute?


It took me a while to find time to make these.  But I have kinda been in a little rut lately with food.  

I so wanted to like these.  Don't get me wrong  They taste great.  But I really wanted these piggies to come out better.  It makes me so sad that these don't look better.  Maybe pigs in a blanket instead of corn dogs.  Try again later.  

Mini Corn Dog

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup cornmeal
  • 1 cup all purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup melted butter cooled
  • 1/3 cup brown sugar packed
  • 2 tablespoon honey
  • 1 large egg, room temperature
  • 1 cup buttermilk at room temperature
  • 1 package little smokies
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 400F.  Grease silicone baking pan.  Set aside.  
  2. Whisk the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a large bowl.  
  3. Whisk melted butter, brown sugar, and honey together.  Then whisk in the egg until combined.  Finally whisk in the buttermilk.  
  4. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix with a spatula until combined.  Try to not over mix.  Make sure to scrape the bottom of the bowl not to miss anything.  
  5. Scoop batter into prepared baking pan.  Drop half a little smokie into each slot.  Bake for 10 minutes or until the center is cooked through.  Use a toothpick to test.  
  6. Allow to cool before popping out and serving. 
Baby Girl proudly announced that these tastes great but looked ugly.  I guess I should be happy about her honestly.  Do homemade mini corn dogs have the same amount of calories as store bought?  Asking for a friend.  

Keep on cooking friends!
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment