Thursday, November 11, 2010

Shrimp & Pork Chow Fun

I have come to the conclusion that Chinese food is yummy because it takes so much more time to make than other foods. There is so much prep time to make Chinese food.

Last night I made chow fun. Chow Fun is pretty much as Cantonese as I get. Good thing my poor Cantonese husband is American born and knows no better.


1/2 pound of Pork (I will be quite honest I have no idea how much pork I really used)
12 shrimp
chow fun noodles
3 cloves garlic minced
oil
1 onion sliced
1/4 pound bean sprouts
green onions
soy sauce
salt

I sliced the pork into strips and then marinated it in the garlic and about 1/4 cup soy sauce. Cook the pork in oil with the onions until the pork starts to turn brown. A good amount of oil needs to be added which will later help in cooking the chow fun noodles. Then add the shrimp and a tablespoon of salt. Once the onions start to turn translucent add the chow fun noodles. Once the chow fun noodles start to become soft in the pan add your green onions.

Now the husband and I love spicy food so I added about 1 tablespoon of Chinese hot chili.

I high recommend using a wok to cook this or a very big pan. I love woks cause they are big and great for Chinese dishes or cooking pasta in sauce.

This dish turned out great for me. Husband ate 3 bowls. What a successful dinner.

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment