Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Spicy Fried Shrimp Sandwich

So coming up with what to eat for dinner is always a struggle. You want to have variety but racking your brain while at work can be frustrating too.

Yesterday afternoon I came up with this idea ... and then executed it for dinner!

So first I made a egg mixture with 2 eggs, salt, fresh ground pepper, cayenne pepper, and hot sauce. Soaked 18 shrimps in the egg mixture.

Then I made a dry mixture with 1/2 cup self rising flour, 1/4 cup corn meal, fresh group pepper, and cayenne pepper.

Put some oil in a pan and lets get frying! So take the shrimp out of the egg mixture and cover it with the dry mixture. I did each shrimp at a time but next time I am going to dump the dry mixture and shrimp into a bag and shake. It will save a lot of time. So I fried the shrimp and let them dry on some paper towels.

Next I made a little cayenne pepper and mayo sauce and what I mean by that is I just put some cayenne pepper into some mayo. Toast my sandwich roll, spread the cayenne mayo, put 6 shrimp onto each roll, lettuce, and some diced shrimp.


Man was dinner good! The husband ate 2 sandwiches! Dinner success and all done in 30 minutes. Whoot whoot!

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment