Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Spicy Beef Noodles

My cousin has been posting pictures on all these noodles places that he has been going to lately. All these pictures inspired me to make some noodles of my own.


I made a chicken broth with chicken bouillon. Sorry I did not have anything to make beef broth. So 3 cups boiling water to 3 tablespoon chicken bouillon, 1/4 cup soil sauce, and 2 tablespoon Chinese chili sauce. Now 2 tablespoon Chinese chili sauce is pretty spicy for the average person. You can tone it up or down to your taste. Then I added 3 carrots to the pot.

Next is I thinly cubed some beef. I used a non fatty part of beef. Next time i think I will pick something with more fat. I threw the beef in a pan with 3 cloves of minced garlic, a chunk of ginger sliced, and oil. The ginger is to not make the beef taste so "meaty". Hopefully that makes sense. Now this is not to cook the beef. Just to put a nice sear of flavor on it. Once the sides are brown throw the beef into your broth pot. Cook for 30 or so minutes to make the beef tender. Note: fatty beef means not only more flavor but a more tender beef too.

Boil up some Chinese noodles and serve with some green onions. I like a lot of green onions cause I think it makes it taste super yummy.

Such a yummy meal on a cold night. Oh and left overs are awesome cause you just keep making noodles until the broth is gone. (Maybe throw in some extra carrots into the broth too)

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment