Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Banana Coconut Chocolate Chip Muffins

I know I have been on a muffin crazy but I have a really good reason.  I have had to turn my break recipes to muffins because I keep burning my breads.  I don't know if it's my pan, oven, greasing too much or too little, or not putting a sheet of parchment paper oven my bread early enough.  What ever the reason is I keep getting burned bread with a raw center.  So instead of being frustrated and I have been turning everything into a muffin.  Which works just as well.

A friend of mine has recently asked if she can still use my recipes if she doesn't have wheat flour.  Of course!  I only substitute wheat flour to try to make things healthier.  If you don't have wheat flour go ahead and use all purpose flour.

So this will probably be the last banana recipe for a while.  I think.  I have used the last of my ripe bananas.  I think. 

Banana Coconut Chocolate Chip Muffins
Adapted from Taste Food

Ingredients:
3 large very ripe bananas
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
3 eggs
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 cups all purpose flour
1 tablespoon wheat germ
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup shredded coconut, plus extra for sprinkling
1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips

Directions:
1.  Preheat oven to 350F.  Spray muffin pan with vegetable oil
2.  Mix bananas and brown sugar in a bowl until smooth.
3.  Add eggs one at a time.
4.  Mix in vegetable oil, vanilla extract and cinnamon until well combined.
5.  Whisk flour, wheat germ, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a separate bowl.
6.  Mix in dry ingredients with banana mixture.  Do not over mix.
7.  Add coconut and chocolate chips by hand.
8.  Use a ice cream scooper to scoop batter into greased muffin pans.
9.  Sprinkle additional coconut and chocolate chip on top
10.  Bake for about 20 minutes.
11.  Remove from oven and cool on rack for about 10 minutes.
12.  Remove muffins from pan and cool completely.

This banana recipe is a get-out-the-butter and put on some sweat pants kind of muffin.  Now I hate coconut but this muffin was so good that I ate it any way.  That's how good the muffin is.   Go ahead.  Eat a muffin.  Eat 2.  Eat 3.  Eat 4.  Heck eat as many as you want since you have your sweat pants on.  Just go for a nice long run/jog after.  Of course after your run/job eat another muffin for sustenance.
I am pretty sure my pup thinks she is a princess.  She is probably the most dramatic dog I know.  My husband says she learned it from me.  I don't even know if that is even possible.  Khloe jumps on the bed and sleeps like she belongs there.  Oh and the face she gives me if I attempt to move her.
Oh and what do I wake up to in the morning?  A Kong tennis ball in my bed!  I complain but I love my pup.  At least I know why I have back problems.  It's all the tennis balls in my bed!

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment