Monday, October 17, 2011

Double Chocolate Chip Cookies

I am back!  Life has been crazy busy.  Yet I feel like I have accomplished nothing.  My yard is ugly.  My house is a mess.  My guest room is not complete.  My office is not complete.  Oh and the closet in my master bedroom decided to collapse.  It's been a tough couple of weeks.
On the bright side El Hubby and I have been taking the d-o-g to doggy training for the last 5 weeks.  Miss Khloe can now sit, stay, lay down, and leave it (referring to treats).  I am a proud doggy mommy.  However, many have noticed that when you command Khloe to go "down" she pretty much goes down like a princess.  It's sad.  But yet very true.  Ah I love my dog.

So a rep brought in some cookies for my office.  After eating the yummy cookies I couldn't help but think I could do better.  So off to the kitchen I went.  We have a slight bug problem a few weeks ago and basically had to throw everything in the cupboards away.  A waste but a must.  Does anyone else love opening up new bags of chocolate chips?  No? Just me?  Okay.  So I decided to switch it up a bit and make a cookie with both chocolate chips and white chocolate chips.  Thought I would get a little crazy. 

Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
Adapted from Mrs. Regueiro's Plate

Ingredients:
16 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature (2 sticks)
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 (3.5) package instant vanilla pudding mix
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
1 cup wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1 cup white chocolate chips

Directions:
1.  Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Line baking sheets with parchment paper
2.  Cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
3.  Add pudding mix, eggs, and vanilla extract.
4.  Whisk together the flours, baking soda, and salt.
5.  Slowly add the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients until just incorporated.  DO NOT OVER MIX!
6.  Fold in the chocolate chips.
7.  Using a cookies scooper, scoop 2 tablespoons cookie dough on prepared baking sheet.
8.  Bake for about 10 minutes or until lightly brown.  Remove and place on cooling rack.


These cookies came out super yummy.  The cookies were moist, not too sweet but the perfect amount of chocolate and richness.  I will be saving this recipe for sure.  Using pudding mix in cookies really adds a extra touch.  If you don't have wheat flour it is perfectly okay to only use all purpose flour.  I just like to add wheat flour to attempt to make things a little healthy. 

Enjoy!

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment