Thursday, October 27, 2011

Pumpkin Bread

The Fall is here the Fall is here!  Time for pumpkins!

Okay growing up I hated pumpkin.  Whenever all the white kids would each their pumpkin pie I would sit there staring at my piece and just push it around my plate.  Blah!  What can I say I was a little Asian girl who knew nothing about pumpkin. 
Now that I am older I love pumpkin.  Okay maybe not love ... but I enjoy a good pumpkin pie.  This pumpkin bread is super yummy.  I think it's because it's simple so you can really enjoy the flavor of pumpkin.
 
Pumpkin Bread
Adapted from A Kitchen Muse

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
2 cups wheat flour
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 1/2 cup white sugar
1 1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
4 eggs, room temperature
2 cups pumpkin
2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3/4 cups water

Directions:
1.  Preheat oven to 350F.
2.  Whisk flours, salt, nutmeg, baking soda, and cinnamon in a bowl.
3.  Cream sugar and vegetable oil.
4.  Slowly add eggs.
5.  Add pumpkin puree.
6.  Add dry mixture and water alternating each a little at a time.  Do not over mix!
7.  Add batter into greased bundt pan.
8.  Bake for about 60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
9.  Cool for about 10 minutes and then turn bread out of bundt pan onto a cooling rack to cool completely. 

I used canned pumpkin puree and I am not ashamed at all.  Since I baked this on a Wednesday night before doggy training class there was not way I was going to attempt anything but a canned pumpkin recipe.  I am pretty sure the best part of this pumpkin bread is the crust.  It's got great flavor.  With the recipe being so easy I will for sure be making this bread for holiday parties.

The pup had no interest in this pumpkin bread since it's got no peanut butter in it.  Oh she lives a tough life.  However she did do a good job being the neighborhood watch while I baked the pumpkin bread.

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment