Friday, October 21, 2011

Peanut Butter Banana Muffins

I heart my baby cousin. He is just the most adorable kid I know. Seriously. But to be fair I love all my family. So I have a freezer bag of frozen bananas thanks to my family who knows I love to bake. This bag was donated from cute little JakeEE so of course baked goods went to his house. I have so many banana recipes I have stacked up waiting to try so I am always excited when people bring me brown bananas. I know. I am weird.


So whenever I bake anything with peanut butter my dog is in the kitchen with me. The dog loves peanut butter. She can smell a peanut butter jar opening from the back yard. So of course when I decided to make peanut butter banana muffins the dog was waiting for her share of peanut butter. I know. I spoil my dog.

Peanut Butter Banana Muffins
Adapted from Pinch of Yum

Ingredients:
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup wheat flour
3/4 cup oats
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup milk
2 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 egg
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 ripe banana
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1/4 cup all purpose flour
1/4 cup oats
2 tablespoon butter
2 tablespoon brown sugar

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and spray muffin pan
2. Mix milk, oil, egg, peanut butter, banana and vanilla.
3. Mix flours, oats, brown sugar and baking soda
4. Combine wet mixture with dry mixture until just combined.
5. Make oat and sugar topping.
6. Use a ice cream scooper and scoop into muffin pans.
7. Top batter with topping.
8. Bake for about 16 minutes.
9. Cool on cooling rack.

These muffins are amazing. You can eat them plain or with butter. Or with jam. The husband approved and of course the dog approved since she got about a teaspoon of peanut butter. I think the best part of this muffin is the topping.  Of course pretty much anything that has a topping is yummy. 

Hopefully little JakeEE and his household approves.

Enjoy!

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment