Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Banana Chocolate Chip Bread

So I am finally slowly getting back to the hang of things.  Man this crud of sickness has held me down.  No one should be sick for this long.  No more!  Full on holiday mode now!

I finally got a mini loaf bread pan.  I am pretty sure no one understand just how happy I am.  I have been wanting one for over a year.  I know I know they are not expensive but I am very particular and the one I wanted was never in stock ... anywhere.  But then ... BOOM ... one day shopping at Target I saw it.  You better believe that I threw that sucker into my cart. 
So of course my first bread from my new pan had to be a banana bread recipe. 

Banana Chocolate Chip Bread
Ingredients:
1 stick unsalted butter
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 ripe bananas, mashed
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3/4 cup mini semi sweet chocolate chips

Directions:
1.  Preheat oven to 350F.  Grease a mini loaf pan.
2.  Mix together butter and sugar until fully combined.
3.  Add eggs and vanilla extract.  Mix well.
4. Add mashed bananas and mix until completely combined.
5.  In a separate bowl mix flour, baking soda, nutmeg, cinnamon.
6.  Slowly incorporate the dry mixture with the wet mixture.  Do not over mix!
7.  Pour batter into prepared mini loaf pans.  Bake for about 30-35 minutes or until top is golden and a toothpick test comes out clean.
8.  Cool in pan for about 10 minutes then remove and cool on a wire rack before serving.

I wrapped these loaves of bread with a little tissue paper and ribbon to make them festive for the holidays.  Everyone enjoys baked goods this time of the year.  

Keep on baking my friends!

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment