Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Pumpkin Bread

I feel since I was sick for most of the holidays I missed out on all the holiday baking.  So I couldn't resist and made some pumpkin bread.  Cause of course I stocked up on canned pumpkin right before I got sick.

I brought this pumpkin bread to my Tzu Chi sign language practice for everyone.  It was a big hit.  This moist cake was super yummy and who can say no to chocolate chips.  I used my mini loaf pan.  Now this recipe was originally for 2 regular loaf pans but I shoved all the batter into 4 mini loaf pans.  The mini loaves were big but I still like it better than baking normal loaf pans.  I know, I am weird.


Pumpkin Bread
Adapted from Eat Cake For Dinner

Ingredients:
1 cup vegetable oil
3 eggs
1 (15oz) can pumpkin
3 cups flour
3 cups sugar
1 (3oz) box instant vanilla pudding
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips

Directions:
1.  Preheat oven to 350F.
2.  Beat oil, eggs and pumpkin until combined.
3.  Add sugar and mix well.
4.  Add flour and all the spices
5.  Stir in the vanilla pudding mix and chocolate chips.
6.  Pour evenly into 6 greased mini loaf pans.
7.  Bake for about 45 minutes.
8.  Cool in pan for about 10 minutes.  Then cool on a rack.

You can pretty much not go wrong when you add a pudding mix to your batter.  Whatever you make will be moist unless you seriously burn it.  Also, the pudding mix seems to help keep the bread moist longer too.  So it can last for a couple of days ... if people can resist eating it for that long!

Khloe the pup is not fond of gloomy weather.  She is more of a sunshine kind of pup.  We have had some fog and gloomy weather with a little bit of rain.  She hates it.  The pup looks at the window with a sad look on her face.  But gloomy weather is perfect for naps!  It's like the pup is smiling in her sleep.  I wonder what she is dreaming of.  Maybe sunshine so she can go to the park.

Keep on baking friends!
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment