Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Blueberry Muffins

I love buying fruit from Costco.  I always feel I get the most bang for my buck there.  Especially on fruit such as blueberries.  I always want to eat blueberries cause they are a healthy snack.  But at the grocery store they are always a arm and a leg for a small container.  Not at Costco!  You get a huge container of blueberries for maybe just a buck more than the grocery store price.  Gotta love Costco!

On my last trip to Costco I saw chocolate covered blueberries.  I resisted the urge to buy them but I am starting to think that it would make a good cookie.  Oh well.

I decided to make some blueberry muffins with the fine blueberries that I purchased at Costco.  When I told the husband he seemed extremely happy.  Poor guy must be sick of eating banana bread. 


Blueberry Muffins

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
3/4 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 egg
1/3 cup almond milk
2 cups fresh blueberries

Streusel Topping
1/2 cup white sugar
1/3 cup all purpose flour
1/4 cup butter, cubed
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon

Directions:
1.  Preheat oven to 400F.  Line with muffin liners.
2.  Combine flour, sugar, salt and baking powder.
3.  Place vegetable oil into a 1 cup measuring cup; add the egg and enough milk to fill the cup.  Mix this with flour mixture.
4.  Fold in blueberries.
5.  Fill muffin cups about 2/3 full or use a ice cream scoop
6.  Sprinkle with streusel topping mixture
7.  Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until tooth pick inserted comes out clean.

Please excuse how my muffin pan looks.  Can you tell I've had it for a very long time?   These muffins came out fantastic.  However they were a little to blueberry for me.  I think next time I will reduce the blueberries to 1 cup instead of 2.  But for those who need the antioxidants these muffins should be right up your ally.  El Hubby enjoyed them and my dad even came over for breakfast and took some home with him.  All in all a good recipe.

My fur baby makes me so happy.  Sometimes I am amazed on how much I could love a furry creature.

Life is short, eat dessert first!

 XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment