What is better than a chocolate chip cookie? NOTHING! Okay wait ... how about a chocolate chip cookie with toffee in it? Oh yeah!
These cookies are amazing. Just amazing. They are chewy and light. Yet packed with flavor. My picky Asian mother ate 2 in one setting. That says a lot.
Any dough that calls for melted butter instead of soft butter is my friend. Come on! Who has the patience to wait for butter to soften. Melt that sucker and lets make some cookies!
I have come to the conclusion that cookie batter that is made with melted butter instead of soften butter really should be refrigerated before baking. It just gives it more umph. You know what I mean? Of course you now what I mean.
Chocolate Chip Toffee Cookies
Adapted from The Baker Chick
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup + 2 tablespoon all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
12 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted, cooled
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg + 1 egg yolk
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup chopped toffee
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
2. Whisk dry ingredients together in a medium bowl; set aside.
3. Mix butter and sugars until thoroughly combined.
4. Beat in egg, yolk and vanilla until combined
5. Add dry mixture and beat until just combined
6. Stir in chocolate chips and toffee
7. Refrigerate cookie dough for about 1 hr (more is even better)
8. Use a cookie scooper to scoop cookies. Bake for about 11 minutes.
9. Cool on cookies sheet until able to lift without breaking. Cool on wire rack.
These cookies have been moved to the top of my cookie list. I will be making these again for sure.
Khloe the pup is always up for a adventure. She always has her eye out for when she gets to go somewhere. And oh man she is always excited.
Keep feeding your friends and family good food.