Thursday, January 10, 2013

Eggs 'N Things

Now that I look back 2012 was really a amazing year.  Lots of good things happen for El Hubby and me in 2012.  Hopefully 2013 bring more good things and excitement.

One of the things I got to do in 2012 was go to Hawaii.  Technically it was a business trip for El Hubby but I was fortunate enough to be able to go too.  I didn't get to do much site seeing because El Hubby was busy working a lot ... BUT I did have a amazing time relaxing on the beach, reading, drinking, and eating my favorite ... PINEAPPLE.


Hawaii is such a beautiful place.  Our hotel was on Waikiki Beach and when I mean on Waikiki Beach I mean it was on the beach.  So awesome!  One of my favorite things about Waikiki Beach is that palm trees line the streets.

Since me and El Hubby are food people we knew if we did not have time to do a lot of site seeing we were going to EAT.  Oh and eat we did.

One of my favorite places that we ate at was called Eggs 'N Things.  I had noticed the little restaurant on the first day we arrived but since it was way past breakfast time (more like dinner) I just made a mental note of the place.  I knew I wanted to go here.  When we finally made it the next day there was a line but I was determined to eat.  Luckily the host at the front was very friendly and we decided to order take out.  Which turned out to be a great idea cause the line was moving very slow.  However, once we sat outside to wait for our food the nice host outside said we could eat outside.  Since it was the morning and raining off and on no one wanted to sit outside to eat.  El Hubby and I took the opportunity to eat outside once our food was ready.  No drinks since we thought we were going to eat back at the hotel.  No worries.  The amazing view of the beach made up for it. 


Everything on the menu sounds delicious.  But my love for pineapple made me order the pancakes with pineapple whip cream and nuts. 


Oh this was amazing.  The pancakes practically melted in my mouth.  So delicious syrup was not even needed.  I ate my first pancake without any syrup.  But then I noticed the pineapple syrup.  AMAZING!  The syrup was not too sweet but the perfect flavor of pineapple.  I wanted to steal the bottle.  Don't worry!  I didn't!  I am not a nuts person but even the nuts were perfect on these pancakes.  The only thing I was sad about was that I forgot to go back to get some pancake mix before our trip was over.  Major bummer!

It wasn't until later in our trip that I realized that we had ate at the express restaurant.  While shopping we saw the flagship restaurant but it looked so much busier that the express restaurant.  If you are ever on Waikiki Beach check out Eggs 'N Things.  I highly recommend it.

Eggs 'N Things
Waikiki Beach Eggspress
2464 Kalakaua Avenue
Honolulu, Hawaii 96815
(808) 926-EGGS

Now if only I had tried their dinner!

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment