Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Hot Chocolate Raisin Chocolate Chip Cookies

There is something about hot chocolate cookies that is just so good.  Maybe it's the richness it adds to the cookie.  Or maybe it's how yummy the cookie dough is.  
 

Hot chocolate cookie dough taste amazing ... and I am not even the type that like to eat cookie dough.  The hardest part of this recipe is chilling the cookie dough.  I am a very impatient person.


But I have found that chilling cookie dough for at least 1 hour minimum makes cookies so much richer in flavor.  So if you have the time ... and the patience chill your cookie dough. 



Hot Chocolate Raisin Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
4 ounces hot chocolate mix (not sugar free)
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup sugar
2/3 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup raisins
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips

Directions:
1. Whisk flour, cocoa mix, salt, and baking soda together
2. Cream the butter, sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy (about 3 minutes)
3. add eggs 1 at a time.
4. Add vanilla
5. Add dry ingredients to the wet mixture until combined. DO NOT OVER MIX
6. Fold in the raisins and semi chocolate chips
7. Chill dough for about 1 hour
8. Pre heat your oven to 350 degrees.
9. Use a cookie dough scooper and drop about 2 inches apart on baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
10. Bake them 1 sheet at a time for about 9 minutes. Let cool on the sheet for a few minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack to cool completely.

I am working on incorporating local produce into my cooking.  When the new Fresno State market opened I had went and purchased some raisins.  Let me tell you, I will never purchase regular raisins again.  The raisins that I got from the Fresno State market were huge, juicy and sooooo yummy!  There was no sugary white film on the raisin that you can something get with regular store bought raisins.  Buy local friends!  Buy local!

I brought these cookies to Mother's Day dinner with my family and my little cousin JakeEE gobbled one up.  I would say they were a hit. 

Support local business!
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment