Thursday, May 16, 2013

Mother's Day Funfetti Cupcakes

Since I had a full day planned on Mother's Day I knew I did not have that much time for baking.  If you know me you know that El Hubby gets mad because my sense of time management is bad.  I always think I have more time than I do.  Hence, we were late to Mother's Day brunch because of me. 

Funfetti Cupcakes cooling
In my head I knew I wanted to make cookies for sure, but a holiday is just not right without cake.  So to make my life easier and still satisfy the craving for cake I used a box mix.  I don't think there is really anything wrong with a box cake.  But when there is the option for scratch I will also go with scratch.  You can taste the extra effort in scratch/homemade cooking/baking.

Mother's Day funfetti cupakes
I apologize to critics.  Everything about these cupcakes were store bought.  Box cake mix, frosting, and decorative sparkle icing.  Whatever!  Funfetti is yummy.  Case close. 

I am currently taking a cupcake class at the local adult school.  We are learning to decorate and make cupcakes.  Lets see what I learn.  I think El Hubby is excited because that will mean more baked goods since I need practice.  

Happy Mother's Day!

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment