Wednesday, May 15, 2013

S21

I have been craving some spam musubi and ramen for a awhile.  It's been all I can think about.  Consuming my thoughts at every meal.  There is currently no rice in my house.  No spam.  No ramen noodles.  I desperately need to go to the grocery store.  The last meal that was cooked in my house was BLAT sandwiches.  Okay okay El Hubby made the sandwiches.

Milky Ramen
Oh Tuesdays and Thursday S21 serves authentic Japanese ramen.  This was only my second trip to S21 for ramen.  S21 did not disappoint.  When we arrived there was no one in the restaurant which really makes me sad.  Coming from and growing up in a family of restaurant owners I know how depressing it is to have a empty restaurant.  It's also a reason I try to support local restaurants and shops as much as possible.  Not only are you supporting your community but you are helping the environment too.  (Local means less gas, packaging, etc.)  We were greet right away and seated.  The restaurant was clean and staff friendly. 

My bowl came out pipping hot and the broth was rich with flavor.  I got the milky ramen which comes with chasu pork, egg, fish cake, seaweed, and some other seasoned/pickled vegetables.  (Sorry I am not Japanese enough to know all the names)  I am not a fan in general of chasu pork.  El Hubby seemed to really enjoy it and ate mine too.  So I am sure if you like chasu pork you would like it.  I loved my ramen and it definitely satisfied my craving for ramen. 

Now time to hit the store and satisfy my spam musubi craving!

S21 Sushi & Sake Bar
5754 N. First Street
Fresno, CA 93710
(559) 438-7100

Support local business!

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment