Monday, August 26, 2013

Cream Cheese Nacho Dip

Sometimes you just want a snack.  We are kinda a big sports family and watch a lot of it on tv.  This also means I am always looking for snack ideas.  I L-O-V-E chips and dip.  Chips are my kryptonite and paired with dip I am in heaven.

I came across this recipe on Pinterest and had to try it.  I made a few substitutions by changing out the sour cream with Greek yogurt and adding olives.  Not big changes but more to the taste of my family.


Cream Cheese Nacho Dip
Adapted from A Little North of Crazy

Ingredients:
1 pkg of cream cheese
1 cup greek yogurt
1/2 tablespoon taco seasoning
1 cup salsa
1 cup shredded colby jack cheese
1 can olives

Directions:
1.  Use a mixer to cream the cream cheese until smooth
2.  Add greek yogurt and taco seasoning and mix well
3.  Spread cream cheese mixture into the bottom of a dish
4.  Top with salsa and then with shredded cheese
5.  Refrigerate for about 30 minutes
6.  Enjoy!

This was super easy to make and the ingredients are normal ingredients that can be found in your pantry or refrigerator.  I am a big fan of homemade food so this is something fast to whip up for any occasion with any additional toppings.  I am thinking next time I will try some fresh jalapeños and tomatoes.

El Husbee and I gobbled this up while watching some Keeping up with the Kardashians.  Don't judge us.

Keep trying new recipes!

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment